Saturday, May 14, 2011

We got one in the table

And today they brought a computer in showing a fascinating amount of errors.

First off they told me the PC was turning off by itself and this was happening because apparently the power switch cables were broken from the front panel and were short-circuiting, turning the PC off.

That would be the first issue at hand which can be easily solved by soldering the thing back into the front plate although unfortunately I don't have the tools for that but nonetheless I'll find a way.

Next stop is the BIOS. For unknown reasons, at times, the POST won't finish which brings me to believe there could be a bigger issue going on that I'm unaware off and it scares me to think about it because it could mean that the processor could have an issue, like that Coppermine processor that was giving me a headache because it would stop working and the computer would die on me while doing an important operation.

Next visible issue. Error 0x000000B7 on Windows, either this is an issue with a damaged block or there is something that swam into Windows, nested and now it's bugging it. I did run a HDD repair tool that comes with the latest version of Hirens Boot CD, praise be to you oh mighty Hirens that thou hath saveth me a thousandfold times, did finish and said it had repaired the "bad" block and I thought it was all done...

Not the case, it continues to reboot when trying to boot up.

Unfortunately I couldn't do much else to it since I had to go to work but once I'm back in action I'll keep going at it to see what exactly is going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Installing OSSEC 3.7.0 on Debian 11 (Bullseye) How-To

Now that version 3.7.0 has been released I took another deep dive into how this is compiled from Source, as usual I brought this onto me bec...