Monday, May 9, 2011

Me and Bluetooth

Some will actually bash me for saying this but I despise Bluetooth.

I've never liked it, never actually have owned that many things with Bluetooth anyway aside from a headset and a couple of phones here and there.

Last experience I had was back when I was using Windows 7 and it occurred to me to get a Bluetooth dongle for my ear-piece so I could chat while I was playing or writing. Back then it sounded like a cool ideas, which it was actually up until the installation.

Apparently the program that I got back then with the dongle had some sort of data license which only allowed me to do so much with it and I had to pay some such amount of money to use it.

I was not paying a single cent, why?

Because I already bought the damn thing, most phones have it integrated for the love of god, or whatever entity or thing you believe in, why do I need to pay an additional amount of money?

I forgot about it, completely, and it just occurred to me the other day to try it out with Debian thinking, what's the worst that could happen. Worst thing that happened was that it took a bit to sync with my phone and ear-piece but aside from that I had no problem at all and most importantly I didn't pay a single cent for it. Now isn't that great?

I'll personally have to thank the volunteers at Debian for this one and for actually peeking my interest again into Bluetooth technology.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Installing OSSEC 3.7.0 on Debian 11 (Bullseye) How-To

Now that version 3.7.0 has been released I took another deep dive into how this is compiled from Source, as usual I brought this onto me bec...