Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Funny that is...

So I'm playing around with oldsnake, went with that name because the thing somehow reminded of the character, and a couple of things have happened since last time I posted.

Turns out some programs won't run on the AMD Processors and this is due to the fact that there's some support issues here and there for the older versions. To me that is totally reasonable as a matter of fact and yet again it adds more flavor to the battle ahead.

So far I've tested out the little thing and I'm surprised to see that it has managed to stand a bit of heavy work in a reasonable amount of time. Installing packages wasn't a bliss but it went way better than expected.

Also I found, by mistake, my internal ZIP-drive and have been playing around with it for old sakes times... feels funny to be using it since I never had a chance to own one back when the whole thing was considered to be the end of floppies and the beginning of faster and better portable media. As we now know that never happened and ZIP drives died with the 90's.

As a final note Apache with PHP and MySQL are now installed and running just fine, pending is the NoIP software and off we go with a test environment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Installing OSSEC 3.7.0 on Debian 11 (Bullseye) How-To

Now that version 3.7.0 has been released I took another deep dive into how this is compiled from Source, as usual I brought this onto me bec...