Sunday, May 15, 2011

That was odd...

Well the patient shows strange behaviours that I thought were related to Windows, in some way it is, but here is what happened.

Windows XP on a SATA HDD won't boot up... Windows Vista on SATA won't boot up... I couldn't install Windows XP on an IDE drive... Debian 6 booted up just fine...

Conclusion?

There's either some incompatibility issue going on or the motherboard has a problem with SATA, period.

The desktop was sadly returned to its owner with no true solution aside from going for Linux or Windows 7, yet again no guarantees on the functionality of Windows 7 though, or backing the information up and sending it over into another PC.

Sad but true, some PC's don't like windows at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Installing OSSEC 3.7.0 on Debian 11 (Bullseye) How-To

Now that version 3.7.0 has been released I took another deep dive into how this is compiled from Source, as usual I brought this onto me bec...