Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The promised picture

Meet oldsnake
This monstrosity above is known as oldsnake. Unintentional pun, I love to play with it... you figure it out.

Regardless, just today when I arrived I decided to put the old motherboard to rest, the one holding the Coppermine processor, and decided to remove it. Once done I remembered that somewhere around my old stuff I had another processor lying around and lo' and behold I found it, tried it out and now we're back in operations with a 500MHz processor and the old motherboard. Believe it or not I can notice a LOT of difference from the AMD K6-2.

Sad as it may be it's a frankie computer and if I can get more juice out of it then so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Installing OSSEC 3.7.0 on Debian 11 (Bullseye) How-To

Now that version 3.7.0 has been released I took another deep dive into how this is compiled from Source, as usual I brought this onto me bec...