Friday, June 24, 2011

If you ever want to play DVDs on Debian Squeeze

Here's how you do it!
# <-- Are comments. You can actually copy all of this, below the sources.list link that needs to be added, into a bash script and it'll theoretically run.

#Add this to the /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org squeeze main
#After doing that go into the console and use the following commands
sudo aptitude install update
sudo aptitude install debian-multimedia-keyring
#Update list then install libdvdcss2
sudo aptitude install libdvdcss2
#Don't forget to upgrade!
sudo aptitude upgrade
#You're good to go!

If you got any issues with it let me know with a comment on this post since this all worked fine for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Installing OSSEC 3.7.0 on Debian 11 (Bullseye) How-To

Now that version 3.7.0 has been released I took another deep dive into how this is compiled from Source, as usual I brought this onto me bec...