Sunday, November 5, 2017

It's been four, *ahem* FIVE years

True, it's been four years now that I've written anything for this blog, or has it been three and a bit?

I think it's time to come back with some new and interesting ideas and tips, maybe even some assistance, with some current projects I have in mind and currently running around my head but haven't properly landed since I lack some of the knowledge to perform it the way I want it to.

While I have moved on most of my work from Windows to Linux that does not mean I have lost sight of the original idea that brought this site to life, also I keep what I personally call the K. Mandla directive alive by putting old hardware back to use with true purpose and intention, I do not intend to make a clock out of a Pentium III machine, rather I intend to get the most out of it by getting it working in a business or industrial environment when applicable or assisting schools when possible, not that it takes most of these schools out of the horrible strain they are in but having a computer with a minimalist version of Linux that lets you browse and work some documents is better than nothing.

Other things currently working on would be an Open Source Timeclock (something simple and easy to install and use using PHP and Python) and an experiment with a Raspberry Pi and Splunk (more on Splunk and other interesting tools in the future).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Installing OSSEC 3.7.0 on Debian 11 (Bullseye) How-To

Now that version 3.7.0 has been released I took another deep dive into how this is compiled from Source, as usual I brought this onto me bec...